Between us…

Let's face it... you and me.
Probably not meant to be.
I have not treated you well.
I have not maintained your needs.
I have ignored as many of your issue as I can...
I do not like your neighbors.
I take pride in ambivalencence for the stature of your town.
I will never put on make-up to run to the grocery store
Or care what type of car I drive.
I want to leave you because I feel somehow I am deeper
than the desperate housewives that live across the street.
But with each new stranger that crosses your floors and finds
Something they do not like about your structure,
your layout, your body and face,
I feel wounded.
Not because I am eager to move on.
Not because I am disappointed that the visit didn't result in a sale.
Because I want someone to love you like I have.
I want someone to curl in your corners and listen to the rain
Dance on the steel chimney of your potbelly stove.
I want someone to throw a party in your parlor,
illuminate your soul from the inside out with flickers of candle light,
and beam when their guests tell them what a sexy home they have.
I want someone who sees better things for you.
I want someone to dream bigger for you
than I have...




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home