Tuesday, August 16, 2005

old friend

me_camera
My relationship with my old friend Anxiety has recently changed. We used to spend more time together. It seems she has moved on. It seems she has fled. Making herself scarce.

I look around a dark corner at night and I don't feel her. I still check under my bed and prance quickly from my car to the front door hoping she won't sneak up on me. I don't see her or even sense her presence like I once did. So I've been spending more time with Sleep and Contentment.

And just as I was getting used to the peace...

I feel her creeping up on me. I feel that hot breathe blowing on my neck. I feel my heart tighten and my stomach tense. I need to remind myself to pull my shoulders from my ears. I still can't see her. I cannot decipher where she is seeping in from. But her shadow hanging over me and I am having trouble concentrating. I feel my head pulsing and my posture slumping. My eyelids are getting heavy...

Dear friends, Sleep and Contentment, help me fight this impending battle.

1 Comments:

Blogger gkgirl said...

i love how you write...
its very interesting
and visual...

by the way
when you said
you had to remind yourself
to pull your shoulders from your ears
i realized thats where mine were
(because they always are)
hope things go ok...
:)

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home