murky water

My head is too clean.
Fettered to the expectations of others,
I keep sweeping the dust under the rug,
wiping the surface with disinfecting prose.
And soon, my true self begins to suffer and
I succumb to the bullshit I've been dishing out.
My real thoughts have shriveled and floated lifeless to the surface.
Secretly I try to revive them.
Hoping I can hold on to the dark
and continue to present the light as my reality.
But I need the bacteria of the blackness to survive.
Or my whole self will suffer...
Currently inspired by Moon Pie Girl
Still enjoying Post Secret
Totally relating to this and this
Reminded to be true to myself and not worry about the consequences.




3 Comments:
:) love you pal...i so relate... jen
thank you for the link
and for relating...
it helps to know you are not alone
in whatever you are thinking or
feeling or in what you think you
are feeling heh...heh...
sorry...
i have a feeling that my thinking
is going off track
:)
Danielle..... a woman crawled into
my office the other day in great
despair. I showed her your website
and when she read this line..
"But I need the bacteria of the blackness to survive.
Or my whole self will suffer..."
She started to weep. She felt a
connection with you. Her name
is Karen and she will be linked
into your site now. Thanks
for putting it out there. love, moe
Post a Comment
<< Home