Friday, August 11, 2006

Size Double O Demons

DSC04186

I am not the fattest person in the world. Yet, come Saturday night when I attend my sisters Bachlorette Party... I will feel like it. My dear bride-to-be sisiter is beautiful. She is in fantastic shape and she is tiny. She also has half a dozen girlfriends that match. I truly enjoy their company. They are each brilliant and funny. They are each kind and interesting. I just happen to feel like a beached whale in their compnay. And the thing is... I only care when I am standing next to a woman three dress sizes below me.

When I look at myself in the mirror I like my body. I can appreciate my big breasts that are in proportion with my hips, I like my small waist and slender ankles. When alone, I can fell confindent with the company of my reflection.

But, that same reflection haunts me while sitting slightly slumped over next to my size-double-zero sister and friends...

So I am trying to muster up the courage (without the help of alcohol) to feel fantastic in my own beautiful skin this weekend. I know I look "skinnier" when I have the confidence to sit up straight and truly move with my body instead of trying to fight it and convince it to be something else...

Prayers are welcome. I'll let you know how it goes.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sunny said...

Okay, seriously....can we discuss for just a moment how gorgeous you are? You will be leaving those double 0 demons in the dust. Go have an absolutely fabulous time- laugh, dance and truly enjoy all that wonderful company (regardless of their size!)

8:03 PM  
Blogger Grassroots social worker said...

I can relate!

My lovely sister is getting married next year. Although five years younger,she is 4 inches taller than me and two sizes smaller. I have had panic attacks when imagining myself, as her maid of honor, standing next to all her skinny-minny bridesmaids.

We just need to step outside of our vanity and feel the beauty within. One of my dearest friends is 4 sizes larger than me, but because she is content and full with herself, she exudes sexiness!

It all starts in our mind...be full with confidence and acceptance of YOU.

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl...i understand,
if you were my sister id be feeling the same way!
you are my stunning beautiful friend whom i wouldnt like if i didnt love you so much!
size zero is actually not a good thing.
after all, who will be left standing when a tornado blows by. you and me chickie. you and me. jen

8:15 AM  
Blogger kelly rae said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Real before and after penis enlargement pics bulk email hosting home theater decorations saunas+have+been+used+throughout+history Male asses pics mexican pharmacy ritalin la Briefcase chubby movie yahoo Amateur free photo sex voyeur hip batteries Ladies motorcycle jackets Complaints regarding simmons mattresses Tommy lee and pamela lee anderson Deleted files not shown in recycle bin Affordable cell phone headsets

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »

4:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... http://www.buy-paxil-6.info/Voip-pc-to-phone-gratuit.html Ink cartridges affiliate publishers Neurontin causing foot feel cool Custom hockey bags 404 1 black jack http://www.plastic-surgery-chicago.info/lego-ferrari-f1-racer.html Sexy asian ladyboys cleaning car wax from upholstery

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home